Sunday, February 05, 2006

Washington Park Pix

Here are a couple pictures from my bike ride yesterday.

I'm beginning to suspect that I might be suffering from some sort of Brandaris obsession. Kind of like "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" meets Bonaire. Seems like every time I take a camera into the park, I come out with a picture of Brandaris hill.


On the other hand, the cute goats and exotic flamingos all zoom away and hide before I can slam on the brakes and get my camera unlimbered.

Ahhhh.... a picture of a hill (below) that is not Brandaris. Check out the road. Those ruts are pretty typical. Some places are better, but others are worse.

I find I'm riding pretty slowly in the park these days, so I can look around at the scenery. When we ride really fast, a major tunnel vision effect sets in, 'cause if you don't keep your eyes glued to the road; a rut, rock or pothole will do you in. Posted by Picasa


I think that if I were to try to better my hour and a half personal best right now, I'd end up passing through the whole park, and seeing absolutely nothing but the blurry brown road rushing past my front wheel.

Hmmm... does have an odd sort of appeal doesn't it? Maybe on Feb. 18.

If I could get Miguel, DJ, and Frank to come along, I'd succeed for sure, 'cause I'd have to ride all out just to keep up with them. And they'd have swept the road clear of goats, iguannas and cats. So I could just focus on avoiding the ruts and rocks, and on maintaining consciousness as I peg my heart rate monitor.

No comments: