Sunday, August 16, 2009

Bonaire Sky Park


I think the Bonaire Reporter coined the term, Bonaire Sky Park, to go along with Washington Park and the Marine Park. I like it. The BSP is particularly appealing during the summer months when the Milky Way really stands out in the evening sky.

We had a couple very clear nights last week, so Sandra and I zoomed out to Red Slave to star gaze. We saw some awesome meteors and marveled at the Milky Way in all its glory.

Here is a combination of 150 ten second shots of the Milky Way climbing into the sky at Red Slave. The slave huts give a good feel for the scale of the view. You can click on the image to see it bigger. The original image is 3733 by 5629 pixels. I may try making a poster sized print some time. Or.... I may just head out to Red Slave and try it again.

No comments: