Friday, June 05, 2009

Washington Park Moon Walk

Sandra and I are going on a special night time full moon hike in Washington Park tomorrow night. I'll try and get some full moon park pix. :) If you are on Bonaire, call Stinapa and you can come too. (717-8444)

Actually the full moon is at 2:12 pm on Sunday, but it will look full enough Saturday evening I'm sure. And it will be well up in the sky when the hike begins at 8pm.

At 10:35 pm, the moon moves in front of (occults) the bright star Antares. Then at 21 minutes after midnight, Antares pops back out from behind the moon.

Here is a Web page that gives the time when Antares disappears, and also when it reappears for many locations in the Western Hemisphere. You could have knocked me over with a feather when I saw Kralendijk on the list!!

No comments: