Monday, September 26, 2005

biking bliss

It's been unseasonable warm here in New Jersey, up until this past weekend anyway. I must admit that Sandra and I found the weather a whole lot nicer than Bonaire at this time of the year. Actually, Sandra has had the flu or something since we arrived here a week and a half ago.

Now that it's getting a little cooler, we'll have to bundle up, especially when I'm on the bike and generating a mighty headwind.

Most of my time on the bike has consisted of going round and round good old Brookdale Park. It's pretty boring, but I can get a much better workout than I do in traffic. I'll probably venture out of the park to attack some hills this week though.

As you can see in the picture, not all of my riding has been out in the sunny spaces of the Garden State.

I thought it was named after The Parkway, ha-ha, but Aunt Teak, down in Neptune, assures me that NJ still has lots of small farms producing luscious Tomatoes, Corn, and Peaches.

We had some fresh corn on the cob on Saturday, Yum!

No comments: