Saturday, March 27, 2010

Buggy is Back


The front brakes on the dune buggy got all gunked up from our not driving the car for like a year, and from decomposing hoses between the fluid reservoir and the master cylinder. Sandra brought some new parts back with her, our local NAPA store turned the front disks and now the brakes are as good as new.

Next project will be installing the new exhaust system that I've had kicking around here for a couple years. There is one broken exhaust stud already, so I'm expecting this to be an arduous process. I'm planning on pulling the engine so I can get at the exhaust ports more easily, and I've got lots of original and over-sized studs ready to install.

A new rear bumper-cage will go on with the new exhaust, and that will require moving the tail lights. Then I'll have to start doing some serious thinking about the cracked and pealing paint on the body.

No comments: