Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Dog days of October


We've had little or no wind here on Bonaire since last Friday. The fitful breezes that we've had lately have been from the west. Yesterday, a big smog cloud from the refineries in Curacao arrived over Bonaire. Yuck!

We've had quite a bit of rain and some thunder too. The Bonairian micro mud frogs are croaking up a storm each evening and the stink bugs have been hanging around our lights at night too.

The silver lining to all of this is that I was able to ride home from Rincon much faster than usual this morning. There is usually a nasty head wind when I'm riding back from Rincon, but today there was a slight tailwind when I first exited Rincon, and later the hills in the middle of Bonaire blocked the fitful breezes quite nicely. I was riding at 2o+ mph for much of the way back, which is good for me. It felt great to be flying on roads that I am usually fighting the wind on.

Speaking of dog days, Sandra informs me that the puppy is 9 months old today. He celebrated by chewing up my solar panel/car battery charger unit. grrrrrr...

No comments: