Saturday, May 12, 2012

Kibrahacha Trees in Washington Park

I brought a small camera along on my weekly bike ride through Washington Park, in case I saw some Kibrahacha trees in bloom.  Ha Ha.   There were zillions of them!  And I took gobs of pictures.  The park rangers know about how long it usually takes me to ride through the park and they were wondering why I took so long.  Lots of stops for snapping photos.  A fringe benefit of all the stops wasw that my legs were feeling quite fresh for the ride back to Rincon and up "death hill" to the radio towers on my way back home.
Here is another shot of Brandaris to add to my collection.  If you do a search on Brandaris, you'll probably find quite a few shots over the years.  Click on the thumbnail 'cause this one looks good full size.
Here is a view of the back side of Brandaris as seen from Wayaka.  Yes, it was pretty hazy today.  It was quite clear on Thursday, when I took a lot of Kibrahacha pix.  Friday was probably the peak for the blooms, but is was getting hazy.  The trees still looked surprisingly good today as well.


Here is a view from the parking lot at Yuwa Pass. This is just a minute fraction of the trees that I could see from this vantage point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!