Thursday, December 23, 2010

Cool Eclipse Video

Hi, I just saw a great video that a guy named Burton made out of a series of pictures of the recent lunal eclipse. Here is a link to the video clip.

Here is some of what Burton had to say about the video: I had equipment problems to begin with and the eclipse got started without me (I guess mother nature has her own schedule-and that is good). Individual frames were taken at 1 minute intervals with exposure (exposure time and ISO) adjusted depending on the brightness of the moon. The decision as to how fast to change those parameters is a judgment call, and the effect will vary. That is why there seems to be a slight backward/foreward movement of the eclipse shadow in some frames.
We had been having clouds, snow, rain for about 2 weeks, so I was doubtful we could see the event. It cleared up about 1 hour before the eclipse was to begin (better lucky than good)

No comments: