Friday, July 02, 2004

Unique astronomy event recorded

About a month ago, (June 8)I wrote an account of our observations of Venus passing in front of the sun for the first time in 128 years.

I've also mentioned seeing the International Space Station pass overhead here on Bonaire, and some of you saw it pass very near Jupiter one evening. (May 12)

Well, a fellow in Bratislava, where TWR has it's European radio program playout center, captured images of Venus and the ISS passing in front of the Sun at the same time!

I've signed up to get an email a couple times a month which tells if the ISS will be passing in front of anything interesting, as seen from tiny Bonaire.

If you would like to know where to find info. about seeing the space station where you live, email me and I'll send you the links to the web sites. (I don't have them in front of me right now)

No comments: