Tuesday, July 06, 2004

TWR Paraguay Trip Report

In a blog on May 25, (see the archives) I mentioned that a group of women representing TWR's Project Hanna - Women of Hope visited Paraguay. They had a great trip and ministered to a variety of groups of women; ranging from a women's prison meeting, to one with the wives of government cabinet ministers.

Oh, the utility that allows me to stick photos right in my blog doesn't seem to be working, so you'll have to click on the links to see the trip photos, like in the early days of my blog.

And I have no idea how to spell some of the proper names you'll find in this posting. I gave 'em my best guess, but if anyone can help me out, just drop me an email, thanks.

Here we see some of the TWR team with a group of Nee-Va-Klay indian women who traveled 800 kilometers, on very sketchy roads, to discuss the possibility of producing Women of Hope in their language. Erma Hein (back row on the right) has spent her whole adult life ministering to this indian group in the Chaco area of Paraguay.

Here is Peggy Corcoran with two members of the TWR Paraguay team. The young lady on the left produces a kids radio program. Most all of the TWR staff in Paraguay are quite young, which is only fitting, since 41% of the population is under 15 and 60% is under 25 years of age.

The Guarani language version of the Women of Hope radio program has had a great impact in Paraguay. Guarani, the heart language of most of the people, is one of the two official languages of Paraguay. Here is the team that produces the Guarani version of Women of Hope.

I recently posted a picture of a Project Hanna prayer group that I lifted from the Dutch TV show about Bonaire. Here is a Project Hanna prayer group that meets in Paraguay.

No comments: