Thursday, July 18, 2019

Southern Cross Series

The International Bible Church had a kids camp at Kunuku Rooi Lamoenchi a couple weeks ago. We were all invited to the opening event. I took advantage of that to get some night time sky shots. 

I've got lots of pictures of the milky way with slave huts or light houses in the foreground. This was a chance for something different. I took lots of pictures, which I'll share over the next days, as i finish processing them. 

Here are three shots of the Southern Cross as the night grew darker. The S Cross is in the middle of the square picture that I shot first. 

The next one is a bit later and shows more stars. I drew lines showing the SCross on a copy of this shot to help you spot it, and labeled the bright stars Alpha and Beta Centaurus, as well as the globular cluster Omega Centauri. 

The last picture is from when it was completely dark and shows the most stars. You'll need to view these full size to see the stars.



No comments: