Thursday, August 20, 2009

Snowy Scene

We're getting into the hot time of the year here on Bonaire. The thermometer has been reading 89 or so degrees Fahrenheit lately, but the online weather sites say that it feels like 100 when all the factors are taken into account. Sounds about right to me.

So imagine how thrilled I was the other week to see this snowy looking scene between Karpata and Bopec. The ground and trees remind me of what I used to see while skiing in Vermont or New Hampshire. Of course, that was a long long time ago, so maybe my memory is getting fuzzy.
Still, it is surely an unusual look for Bonaire and it caught our attention big time. Turns out it is actually coral dust from when the trench for the new power cables was carved out of the solid limestone rock.


No comments: