Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Rainbows


We've been getting rain showers just before or after sunrise almost every morning lately. In fact a rain cloud may suddenly appear and dump on a small area of Bonaire at almost any time of the day. Then it is sunny and clear again.

I was all set to head out on a bike ride after work yesterday when I looked out the second story window in the office and saw it pouring rain right were I was going to ride. I pretty much don't ride in the rain any more. Partly because the nice Bonaire weather has spoiled me and also because the dirt roads get really mucky when they are wet.

There have been lots of rainbows too. The best rainbows are early in the morning and late in the afternoon, when the sun is low on the horizon. I caught this one just after sunrise on Monday. In the bottom picture, you can just barely see a second rainbow to the left of the main one.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: