Tuesday, August 31, 2004

The Early Bird Catches the Conjunction

I've been watching Venus and Saturn in the pre-dawn sky. Saturn was just below Venus this morning, but should pass by and be higher than Venus tomorrow morning. Posted by Hello

If you click on this picture, you can see Castor and Pollux, the Gemini twins, on the left side. On the right are Saturn and brighter Venus. I shot this at 4:40 am. but could still easily see these stars and planets at 5:30. The sky might be too bright at 5:30 where you live.


Here is a web page that tells about what the planets are up to these days. What I have been seeing here on Bonaire is not what this site says I should be seeing. It is probably due to the fact that they are showing what the planets look like from up North and I'm in the tropics.

No comments: