Sunday, August 24, 2008

Long Time no Blog

All my spare time, these last couple weeks has been spent glued to the boob tube watching the Olympics. Many of the events took place in the wee hours of the morning, or while I was at work. So we recorded tons of stuff at all hours of the day and night, and then watched our favorite events at our leisure.
For example, I recorded the mtn. biking while we slept last night, and then watched it before church this morning. :)

I've still been getting in my own mtn. biking of course. At my advanced age, it is much easier to maintain one's fitness than to try to regain it. There has been little to no wind here on Bonaire for the last week or more. That makes for great cycling, but hot and muggy living. The air temperature is only a degree or two warmer than it was a month ago, but the lack of wind makes it feel much hotter.

It's cloudy today, which makes it feel a little cooler. Sitting in front of a fan helps too! The clouds are a mixed blessing, however. Venus and Mercury are quite close together in the early evening sky, but I haven't been able to see them for a few days now. I'm hoping for clear skies at least once during the next week or so while the moon is out of the sky, so we can get in some major Milky Way star gazing.

No comments: