Thursday, October 25, 2007

Dog Days of October


We've seen a lot of wet and muggy weather this month. Regatta week was rainy and hot. Last week was pretty nice. This week has been very rainy, but not quite so hot.

The puppy is growing like a weed, and hanging out in the nice dry car port. He doesn't look too impressed with his lot in life though.
I shot this photo while doing some camera testing. We're going to be switching from the Minolta/Sony world to Canon. I've pretty much worn out the shutter on my first Maxxum 5D - I have to turn the camera off and back on between each picture. The second camera has never really worked right. The Canons also have some real advantages for astro-photography so it seems to be time for a switcheroo.
My parents have graciously offered to help me sell my collection of wonderful Maxxum lenses on eBay. The good news is that they appear to have appreciated in value since I bought them. Time will tell whether or not the Canon lenses (the ones that I can afford!) will be able to equal the great vintage Minolta glass.

No comments: