Friday, July 15, 2005

Emily Update

Emily is turning into quite the storm. Yikes.

Fortunately for us, Emily was just far enough North and was "tightly wound" when she passed by Bonaire during the night. Our trade winds shut down and I noticed some waves coming in from the west this morning, but it was basically a quiet and uneventful night.

It is overcast here now with a light wind from the South. I had a nice tailwind riding my bike along the coast road to Karpata earlier this morning. Water had splashed up on the road in one spot, but I don't think there will be any significant reef damage this time. It may take a little while for the churned up water to settle down however.

I'm tentatively planning on riding up in Washington Park tomorrow to see how the north side of the island fared. If it is still cloudy and coolish, like today, it could be fun. It has been seriously hot here lately.

No comments: